Famous Chinese physician Zhang Zhongjing was a pioneer and founder of Traditional Chinese Medication. His impacts in medicine – and caring touch to the poor and sick – led to him being called the Medical Sage.
When Zhang retired from his government job as Prefect of Changsha, he returned to his hometown. He found Winter had given many people frostbitten ears and wanted to help them. Yet, the poor did not have money to buy food, let alone visit a physician.
And, then, Zhang experienced a ‘light bulb’ moment!
He created a soup with ‘dispelling cold’ properties using dumplings filled with lamb, chili, ginger, aniseed, and other herbs that promoted a ‘warm’ nature. Shortly afterwards, he opened a soup-kitchen with the sole purpose of feeding poor and sick individuals. It is said, the soup improved the Ying, Wei and Zhong Qi by making blood and energy flow well to improve conditions.
In fact, this is one of the many origins of well-loved dumplings.
Did Zhang practice acupuncture? Of course! It was one of the principles in his book; “Treatise on Febrile Diseases Caused by Cold”. His thoughts and efforts were to emphasize the use of acupuncture as a preventative cause of medication.
So, the next time you indulge – or, try – a bit of dumpling soup, take a moment to think back to Zhang and his pioneering work for acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28|