Breakfast Cure Review
Name of the Product
Breakfast Cure Gourmet Slow Cooker Meals
Traditional Chinese wisdom told us to have warm and hot food to boost our health. Yet, our typical breakfast food is not exactly warm and hot. Think of milk, cereal, yogurt, toast?
Karen Taylor fell in love with congee and created Breakfast Cure to bring easy to prepare, modern flavor congee packets into our daily life.
- Founded by Karen Taylor, L. Ac. in 2017
- 13 sweet and savory flavor congee packets
- East packet comes with everything you need to cook a yummy and nutritious congee
- Breakfast Cure provides individual packets, subscription model, slow cooker kit and add-ons
- 1 packet: $14.95
- 6 packet subscription: $83/month ($13.83/packet)
- 8 packet subscription: $107/month ($13.375/packet)
- 10 packet subscription: $133/month ($13.30/packet)
- 20 packet subscription: $263/month ($13.15/packet)
Here are 13 flavors
- Golden Spice in partnership with ShakiCare
- Romano Bean Dream
- Tangled up in Blueberry
- Three Treasures
- Pineapple Paradise
- Masala Chai Spice
- Mango and Sticky Rice
- Coconut Blueberry Bliss
- Apple Cinnamon
Pros and Cons
- The founder is an acupuncturist
The founder of Breakfast Cure is Karen Talor. She is a licensed acupuncturist and the congee packet she puts together is full of nutritious, and high quality ingredients.
- Fantastic smell when opening the pack and while cooking
One thing stands out the most to me is the fantastic smell the moment you open up a packet. I ordered three different flavors. They are Pineapple Paradise, Tangled up in Blueberry, and Karen’s Kitchen(Savor, not able to be found on the website). All three are full of nice aroma when opening up the packets.
Afte I put the packet into slower cooker, I woke up to a heart warming, fantastic smell in the kitchen. The nice smell really woke me up in a great mood.
- The packet is everything you need
The packet comes with everything you need. You only need to add water. That’s it. Super simple. You need to prepare nothing but take your slow cooker out to make this gourmet breakfast.
- Super fast and friendly customer services
I had a question about why I needed to use a slow cooker to prepare Breakfast Cure and sent an online chat. I heard back from Karen herself within a couple hours.She explained why a slow cooker is needed and recommended a very economical choice. It is a speedy and super friendly pre-purchase customer service experience.
- The price is steep
One packet is priced at $14.95 and it will cook into 21 ounces. That’s about one cup. Unless you put in some other add-on or toppings, one adult would most likely finish one packet for one meal.
- You need to prepare 7-12 hours ahead
The packet comes with everything. You don’t need to do anywork but prepare ahead. Each packet would need 7-12 hour cooking time. This is NOT a last minute meal you can prepare quickly.
You can find some instant noodle type of congee choices, but nothing is like Breakfast Cure’s packet which is full of high quality ingredients. If you find a good alternative, please let me know.
If you want to bring high quality, yummy, and hot congee to your family, you also don’t want to spend time and money to purchase different ingredients and put a recipe together by yourself. Breakfast Cure is the choice for you.
I have no affiliate relationship with Breakfast Cure.